CNC Milling of Aluminum Chassis for a Personal Rescue Device
A customer that makes personal rescue devices approached Kilgore to 5-Axis CNC machine 50 aluminum chassis. We first CNC milled the 14.734" long, 8.649" wide and 2.641" high component using our Hass VF-4SS machine, which featured 1,000 PSI thru spindle coolant and a TR210 trunnion, which provided the necessary 5-Axis simultaneous motion and positioning.
After each of the 3.5 lbs, 6061 aluminum chassis were milled, they were polished and anodized to MIL-A8625 type II, class 1 specifications. During the entire process, the experts at Kilgore were able to hold tightest tolerances of ±.001".
For more information about this CNC machining, project please see the details below. To learn about our other services, please contact Kilgore.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Request a Quote
Aluminum Chassis Specifications
- Product Description
- This CNC machined chassis is used within a personal rescue device.
- Capabilities Applied / Processes
- CNC Milling
- Mill Contour
- Drill & Tap
- Secondary Operations:
- CNC Milling
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Haas VF-4SS
- 1,000 PSI Thru Spindle Coolant
- TR210 Trunnion Providing 5-Axis Simultaneous Motion and/or Positioning
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 14.734"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- 6061 Aluminum
- Material Finish
- Clear Anodize Per MIL-A8625 Type II Class 1
- In process testing / inspection performed
- Pre-Inspection Before Polishing
Inspect Part 100% Per Print
- Estimated Part Weight
- 3.5 lbs
- 50 Pieces
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, & 3D Solid Model
- Industry for Use
- Personal Rescue Device
- Delivery Location
- World Wide
View Other Portfolios
Back to Top